Maccaferri Central Europe will participate at the 11th International Conference on the use of geosynthetics in transportation infrastructure and environmental projects, “Geosynthetics 2017.”
The conference will take place in the premises of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Žilina, from February 16th – 17th, 2017.
The conference is being jointly organised by the Department of Geotechnics FCE (KGT) and the Department of Railway Engineering and Track Management (KŽSTH) under the auspices of the dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering prof. Josef Vičan, in cooperation with the Slovak chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS Slovakia), the Slovak Geosynthetics Society (SGS), the Slovak Chamber of Civil Engineers (SKSI), the Slovak Railways (ŽSR) and the Slovak Road Society (SCS). Scientific guarantee is provided by Marián Drusa, FCE Uniza and Libor Ižvolt, FCE Uniza.
During the international conference, the latest findings on the use of geosynthetic products in transportation constructions will be presented, with a particular focus on design, build and reconstruction of transportation and environmental structures. Conference participants will have the opportunity to receive up-to-date information on legislation and standardisation activities, the latest research and development, training and use of new technologies in the field of geosynthetics.
The main conference topics will be:
- Design of structures with the use of geosynthetics
- New products and geosynthetic materials, their properties, functions and applications
- Status of technical regulations and new upcoming standards in the field of geosynthetics
- Experience of completed projects with the use of geosynthetics
- Quality requirements in civil works. Diagnostic of construction layers with geosynthetics. Quality management on transportation and environmental constructions
- Current research findings and developments in the field of geosynthetics, education of engineers and students
At the event, Maccaferri’s technical director and project manager will present a technical article.
For more information, please contact us.