At Maccaferri we strongly believe in the innovation
Innovation in terms of solutions and products is an important part of the evolution of successful companies. Since our foundation, nearly 140 years ago, we work every day to find better solutions for our clients at every degree of latitude and longitude. We make innovation happen around the world by sharing our knowledge capital to increase the return on investment of clients and partners, and we offer ongoing support to establish relations built on solid trust. This is us: Maccaferri.
We were founded on innovation, by inventing Gabions. Since then, we have never stopped inventing better solutions. Innovation is rooted in our identity and we are always on the lookout for new and better solutions and ways of enhancing them. Our innovation stems from a strategic factor: knowledge.
Maccaferri wanted to create a centre of excellence entirely dedicated to Research and Development; we selected Bolzano. It is here that we develop the next generation of Maccaferri products and also to cultivate the best innovation and support to our clients.
At the end of 2014, the Maccaferri Innovation Center S.r.l. was born. Wholly owned by Officine Maccaferri S.p.A. the MIC is an innovative research centre based at the Development Department of IDM Südtirol/Alto Adige, Bolzano, Italy. It will manage all the R&D activities in the Group and will service the needs of not just Maccaferri, but its sister companies in the group.
- Expansion and coordination of R & D for Subsidiaries of the Maccaferri Group and all sister companies.
- Accelerating the development of new products and materials.
- Create a centre of reference and promotion of a new cooperation between the professional excellence in the Group and the territories they serve.
- Focus on issues more related to the environment, including watercourses and coastal works, building infrastructure, waste management etc.
- Definition of new products and / or innovative solutions.
- Analysis of the implications on material production in our factories.
- Analysis of new applications and defining the technical and promotional tools (calculation methods and documentation).