Maccaferri is looking for a passionate Hydraulic Engineer to join our team
We are growing and we are looking to add a passionate Hydraulic Engineer to our dynamic technical staff in the US. Join our small but mighty technical team located in our new Rockville, Maryland office. Work with the industry’s top designers and contractors on projects that are changing the landscape of America.
We are seeking an Associate Engineer, Hydraulics for a consultative role providing technical support to consulting engineers, contractors, customers, department engineers, and field marketing personnel in conjunction with the promotion, installation, and evaluation of our hydraulics works solutions. This role will be based out of our new Rockville, Maryland facility.
Primary Responsibilities & Characteristics:
- Understanding of engineering techniques and standards for Hydraulic engineering works
- Understanding of engineering techniques and standards for storm water management, erosion, and sediment control designs
- Familiarity with geosynthetics and earth retaining walls
- Planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Devising innovative approaches to challenges and preparing or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs appropriate for accepted engineering practices and Maccaferri standards.
- Providing project specific design services including review of project plans, developing product solutions, preparation of submittal drawings, and calculations, providing technical advice
- Assisting with integration and acceptance of Maccaferri’s products into site plans
- Performing hydraulic and geotechnical analysis and review as necessary
- Collaborating with field sales, outside consultants, and contractors to provide competent technical advice and input
- Authoring and developing technical papers and product literature needed for the support and promotion of Maccaferri’s products
- Further responsibilities as assigned
- US Citizenship or already permitted to work in the US, no visa sponsorship available
- Reside in the eastern US, no relocation available
- Experience reading, analyzing, and understanding common engineering plans and specifications
- Experience in estimating quantities and interpreting plans
- Experience with Engineering Design software; AutoCAD preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Hydraulic Engineering (MS), or Civil Engineering (BS) with 2 years of experience in Hydraulic Engineering or Storm Water Management or Erosion and sediment control works.
You will get an opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic international environment, surrounded by capable, motivated professionals who work every day to solve the technical challenges facing our clients.
We have just relocated our technical, sales, and marketing staff to a new modern office in Rockville, Maryland – just off I-270 near the Downtown Crown. We have an on-site gym and conference center, and we are metro accessible via Uber paid for by the build owner. Maccaferri offers competitive salaries, Medical, Dental, and 401k.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org