We are further developing our Design Department, performing engineering design pursuant to the Permit issued by RODOS
The design division is being developed at Maccaferri Kazakhstan, LLP, where we are actively participating in the construction of new high-tech facilities and expanding the engineering & technical base of our branch. In December 2016, the Company’s representatives in Kazakhstan obtained a state license for Category 3 project activities.
The current pace of economic development, together with active investments in the construction industry, have accelerated business development and improved the efficiency of construction operations.
Maccaferri Gabions CIS opened its Design Department in October 2007, to provide customer support when selecting a technical solution and delivering high-quality geomaterials.
Today, our experts within our Design Department provide design specifications and estimates for geotechnical projects for numerous infrastructure projects. The Company is authorized to perform engineering design pursuant to the permit issued by RODOS, a self-regulatory non-profit trade association of road design organizations. Maccaferri has been a member of RODOS since 2009.
Maccaferri Gabions CIS, LLC is developing the design sector not only in Russia: we are actively engaged in industrial projects in Kazakhstan, participating in the construction of new high-tech facilities and expanding the engineering & technical base of our branch, Maccaferri Kazakhstan, LLP. In December 2016, the Company’s representatives in Kazakhstan obtained a state license for Category 3 project activities.
The Design & Engineering Department of Maccaferri Gabions CIS, LLC brings together 11 qualified professionals, experienced in preparing and designing facilities of diverse complexity. Our engineers also provide comprehensive follow-up support, from front-end engineering design of technical solutions to undergoing of state regulatory assessment.
Pursuant to our engineering specialization, the list of our major design works covers various infrastructure sectors. We design and develop:
- Gravity and reinforced soil retaining walls
- Erosion control systems
- Rockfall and landslide protection systems
- Bank stabilization of rivers, lakes and water reservoirs
- Dams, weirs, ponds, canals and other hydrotechnical utilities
- Drainage systems
- Water reduction and removal in flooded areas.
Maccaferri’s Design Department bases its activities on our own technical solutions and materials. Due to this, the cost of our design work is almost three times lower than standard estimates. This enables our customers to significantly reduce their financial expenses.
While performing all necessary calculations, we use Maccaferri’s licensed software which includes the following modules:
- MacStars software for geotechnical calculation of mass gravity walls and reinforced soil systems, non-reinforced slopes, embankments and excavations with different angles of repose
- MacRO system software for calculation of active and passive rockfall drapery
- MacFlow software for calculation of drainage systems using MacDrain geocomposites
- MAC.RA software for calculation of canalized riverbeds when designing anti-erosion systems along the watercourse
- МасRead software for calculating flexible pavement reinforcement using geomaterials.
Maccaferri’s technical specialists use our own software in combination with the recognized program Grand Smeta to calculate final estimates and PLAXIS 2D for geotechnical finite-element recalculations.
Over 10 years of experience, a choice of technical solutions and modern software tools have enabled our engineers to successfully implement projects in the field of ground protection.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like our support with project development or engineering. We are ready to help!