Maccaferri is proud to be a Silver Sponsor of the 2014 ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress and 40th General Assembly in Iguassu Falls, Brazil, from 9-15th May 2014. Numerous training courses, committee meetings and site-visits are scheduled over this period in addition the technical exhibition runs from Monday 12th – Wednesday 14th May.
The theme of the congress is “Tunnels for a better life”, focussing on how the effective implemetation of underground infrastructure can genuinely enhance peoples’ existence; better transportation, wastewater management, power and services transmission and more.
Maccaferri and its sister specialist tunneling company, ELAS Geotechnica, will be exhibiting. ELAS and Maccaferri offer specialist technical support and solutions to the global tunneling industry from initial excavation to final lining.
Principal amongst these solutions are;
- New B Zero-Tondo steel arch system – Proven to save project time and cost
- Wirand Steel fibres for structural reinforcement of concrete segments and shotcrete
- Per Ground – Improves the pull out resistance of anchors and reduces grout loss
- GFRP profiles for consolidation of the excavated face
- Groutmaster for waterproofing and consolidation of sand and silt strata
- Chemicals and additives for shotcrete
To learn more about these systems and how to solve technical problems and save time and cost on your next project, visit the Maccaferri and ELAS stand at WTC 2014 in May!