The Argentinian Geotechnical Engineering Society (SAIG) hosted the 15th PanAmerican Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (XV PCSMGE).
The 15th Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering held in Buenos Aires from 15th to 18th November 2015 .
Participants at this meeting included international experts, researchers, academics, professionals and geoengineering companies: a great opportunity to exchange ideas and discuss current and future practices in the areas of soil mechanics, rock mechanics, and their applications in civil, mining and environmental engineering.
From the first Pan-American Conference in Mexico in 1959 , the Pan-American Conferences have been held every four years in different countries of the Americas: Brazil 1963, Venezuela 1967 , 1971 Puerto Rico, Argentina 1975 , 1979 Peru , 1983 Canada, 1987 Colombia , Chile 1991 , Mexico 1995 , Brazil 1999 , 2003 USA, 2007 Venezuela , 2011 Canada.
At the Conference Maccaferri presented some of its products:
• MacDrain a drainage geocomposite for planar drainage
• Gabions, made from high quality steel wire, which is heavily galvanised to provide long term corrosion protection
• Reno Mattresses, cages, engineered from double twisted hexagonal woven steel wire mesh
• Terramesh system, a modular system used to form rock faced reinforced soil walls and embankments
• Wirand, steel fibre reinforcement for concrete
• FibroMac, primarily used to protect the integrity of the concrete when it is subjected to high temperatures and direct heat, such as fires
• MacRO Systems geogrids
For more details about this event please contact us.